Thursday, February 5, 2009

Big Haus Inmate

Unfortunately I live in shitty old Big Haus and when we were gone for winter break, the Big Haus RA’s went in our room practically looking for reasons to write us up. I got written up for having a completely empty, washed out, cleaned bottle of Red Label in my room. The bottle was purely decoration and was as small as a water bottle. I got written up on TWO offences. One for “not complying with the college alcohol policy” because I am not of legal drinking age just yet so apparently I can’t have ANY alcohol bottles in my room- even if theyre empty and even if theyre for decoration use only. Ridiculous. Not only that, but my roommate IS of age and according to college policy, she IS ALLOWED to have alcohol in the room, drink it in the room, and use the bottle for any kind of decoration she pleases.

The other offense was even more ludicrous. I got charged for underage alcohol consumption. What? There was absolutely no way this anonymous RA could charge me with alcohol consumption for an empty decorative bottle that she nor anybody has ever seen me drink. This whole this was just so absurd.

In the end, I was found not guilty for both charges but the moral of the story is that when going on break, dispose of or hide any and all liquor bottles and drinking paraphernalia because the anonymous RA’s will get you!

3 comments:

  1. I fuckin hate RAs! They always seem to be the biggest assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? When I had my meating with Meagan Shanky the head RA, she even thought that it was a bit ridiculous. Under age alcohol conumption? For a decorative bottle? I don't even think it was a matter of strictness- I think it was just plain old obnoxious RA attitude. I think Purchase needs to evaluate the rights RA's actually have because they shouldnt be able to abuse it like that and charge people with any offense as they please.

    ReplyDelete